Monday, July 26, 2010

REVISITED: IMMIGRATION REQUIREMENTS TO LIVE IN MEXICO


On March 7, 2010, after having just received my renewed FM-2, I blogged about the requirements to live in Mexico with the following caveat: “I’m slightly hesitant to post this, as the requirements seem to change quite frequently. I’m not so sure that the actual laws change that often, but the interpretation of the laws certainly seem to!”






Just a few weeks later on April 1, 2010, all hell broke loose and both the laws and procedures changed drastically, basically nullifying my post! I do wish to point out that if you are a first time applicant, you will still need to adhere to all the requirements I listed in my blog. Even though the laws and procedures have changed, those requirements still remain in place for first time applicants. I confirmed this from a friend who just received his first FM-3.







My friend Linda recently posted the new requirements and procedures now in place. For me to do to the same would be redundant, so I am referring you to her blog. It is two parts and she has done a totally outstanding job, including step-by-step instructions you will need to follow. It is the best information “out there” and definitely worth a review. It could save you lots of time, pain and suffering!






The new system appears to be more streamlined and the Mexican Government has lightened up on the requirements for renewals. I think they finally figured out that all we “extranjeros” do is live here and spend money!



YOU MUST CHECK OUT LINDA’S BLOGS. GO TO: http://ldorton.blogspot.com/







In closing, please refer to the caveat at the top of my blog!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment