Thursday, April 1, 2010

IT'S WARMING UP IN MERIDA!






After what seemed like an endless winter, complete with “nortes”, cold spells, windy, damp, and rainy days, a recent headline in the local paper proclaimed that the warm weather has returned! And indeed it has. We’ve been toying around 85 – 93 degrees Fahrenheit for a while now and remain grateful that our early mornings and evenings are cooler and more refreshing. It’s almost time to start using the air conditioning, but not quite yet! It really is a great time of the year with our warm, sunny days, and cooler, refreshing mornings and evenings.



Some friends proclaim that they just can’t wait until they can go to the beach! Not being much of a beach bum myself, I can wait! I’ve never been a fan of beach life. Not my cup of tea or bottle of Corona with a lime in it! I do enjoy a visit to one of our local beach restaurants for a relaxing meal and great view of the sand and water, but that’s about all the “beach fix” I need. I realize that I am in the minority on this one, but trust me when I tell you, it’s not the first minority opinion I've had! It’s true that the water is relaxing and calming, but so is a well-prepared cocktail or a much deserved nap! And with the cocktail or nap, you don’t get a sunburn or sand in your shoe or your drink, or on your pillow!

I am pleased that Spring has sprung, and we’re just about finished with any cold snaps. Soon, the electric bills will double or even triple, depending on how hot it gets. Shorts, T-shirts, and flip-flops will be the dress code of the day. Ceiling fans will toil 24 hours a day. We’ll all drink our weight in liquids to try and stay hydrated and cool. We’ll use tons of sun blocker when we venture out of our homes. We’ll have to remember to keep the windows of the car cracked just a bit so they don’t explode! But hey – that’s life in Merida in the hell-hot summer months that are just around the corner. And most folks I know are actually looking forward to it!

Remember to keep cool, well greased with sun blocker, and stay hydrated!



The sun is rising!





























































No comments:

Post a Comment