Friday, July 15, 2011

WOW! HAVE I BEEN BUSY LATELY!

Shortly after returning from a trip to Florida, I had to return just two weeks later. My condo sold, and I had to close it out. That was quite an ordeal. I left Florida on June 29 to arrive home here in Merida just in time to pick up my 16 year old cousin at the airport. He’ll stay here until the end of the month. Needless to say, it takes some extra energy to keep up with a 16 year old!

We’ve been taking in all the local attractions, lots of different restaurants, and a day trip to Chichenitiza, and have other Mayan ruins on the agenda. We took a 3 day trip to the Riviera Maya (Playa del Carmen area) and stayed at a 5 star all-inclusive. It was my third trip there and it was as good as I had remembered it! Food and lodging were excellent, and we saw some great shows. We all had a great time.

Today, it’s off to the market to check it out and search for some little treasures to return home with. We’re heading out to the beach at Sisal tomorrow for a swim and then lunch at one of my favorite sea food restaurants, and then back to Merida. Sunday, we’ll take in “Merida en Domingo” at the main square and grab some of those great tacos and other goodies and also do a little shopping. The schedule is open thereafter, but I know it will fill up quickly!

So, I’ve been a bit remiss in blogging, but definitely have been busy!


And enjoying myself immensely, I might add!

3 comments:

  1. Husband and I are glad to hear that your condo sold! Don't let the kid wear you out, but I bet you are having a lot of fun.

    regards,
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. 16 year olds have an interesting energy level. I have had one as a visitor this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the sale of your condo :)

    I now have sale envy my house in Texas has been on the market for almost nine months and only one offer from a dead beat that just messed things up. So now I have to re-list it and start over. I sure hope somebody buys it soon.

    ReplyDelete