Friday, September 10, 2010

MERIDA MIKEY ON BLOGGING

Recently, I’ve had a few inquiries as to why I haven’t posted a new blog lately. Well, to be perfectly honest, I haven’t had too much to say! I do not blog just to “blog”. There is plenty, actually too much, of that going on out there. I find most of those daily blogs to be dull, boring, and mundane all wrapped up in one. I’m not saying that my blogs are any better, they just aren’t a daily dose of “today I got up and then went to bed”. Really, who cares???

I try to post upbeat things about the wonderful area I have chosen to live in and some of the things I have done that I find interesting and exciting. I could easily be employed by the local Chamber of Commerce if we had such a thing! I try very hard to avoid controversial subject matter, and will not post political or religious subject matter blogs. I also try extremely hard not to post negative blogs and complain and whine about everything from the weather to the lousy neighbors and the fact that life has dealt me a hand in poker that won’t get me to the poker finals. We all have our problems and our ups and downs, but I don’t think they routinely make for good reading.

Actually, I am signed in to Google Analytics and I track my readership. I normally have up to 1,000 readers from 35 – 40 different countries. There are many bloggers who have considerable more followers than me, but that is not my goal. My goal is to keep my family and friends informed of what is going on with me in my retirement. For those of you that enjoy my writings, thank you very much and I will do my best to continue to keep you posted!

I am currently working on two blogs that I think you will find interesting. Stay tuned!

1 comment: